there’s a song that they sing
when they take to the highway,
a song that they sing
when they take to the sea,
a song that they sing of
their home in the sky,
maybe you can believe it
if it helps you to sleep,
but singing works just fine for me.
teenage dream as performed by boyce avenue
you’re a star so bright,
you could light
a thousand skies.
some of these are a little dramatic, but i do love nj.
did you know
what you were doing,
did you know?
did you know how you
would move me, well,
i don’t really think so.
ta-da! the results of the balayge appointment today. it’s kinda hard to tell, but there is a difference that shows just enough and is subtle enough at the same time. i think it looks better in person, like, a bit sun-kissed. pretty good! i should have had my hair styled the same way in the before and after so you could see better, but it is what it is lol. i may share another photo with side views later.
let’s be in awe
which doesn’t mean
anything but the courage
to gape like fish at the surface
breaking around our mouths
as we meet the air.
thanks for the tag, connieanony!
- rule 1: always post the rules
- rule 2: answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 9 new ones.
- rule 3: tag 11 people and link them to this post.
- rule 4: actually tell them you tagged them.
- What is your dream job, or if you could do anything else with your life, what would it be and why? i did pretty much always want to be a teacher, especially kindergarten, so i am pretty lucky to be doing just that. i was also really interested in photography, interior decorating, event planning, meteorology/weather and art history, so those are things i did think about doing, or would maybe like to try in the future.
- What advice would you give to your 9-year-old self? i would tell my nine year old self to not worry about the jerks you’ll encounter in a few years. don’t be so afraid of thunderstorms, you should really tell someone that you feel that way & why. do your homework in forth grade - all of it.
- Have you ever given blood? i have not. i probably should. not sure i can yet since i did recently get another tattoo, but i should. my mom is in the gallon club lol.
- What activities were you involved in in high school? i was pretty busy/nerdy in high school lol. my first love was theatre and i was in all the plays from the time i was in 7th grade. i was in band (clarinet) and marching band lol. i also played tennis my junior and senior years. i was in the interact (service) club, the national honor society, the spanish national honor society & i worked on the yearbook. i also performed in our school’s annual rock of ages concert, where students performed songs from oldies all the way through the current year.
- What did you major in in college (or what would you want to major in/ study)? i double majored in (and graduated with degrees in) elementary education & theatre arts.
- Favorite band/singer/musical artist? john mayer. mae. james taylor. ella & louis. i still love all the emo i listened to in hs and college. i’m also a sucker for fun radio stuff with a good beat.
- What is something people never expect about you? well, this is actually something i have in common with connieanony, i know all of the words to several rap songs. i can’t really think of anything else lol. also that i got so into the walking dead - very uncharacteristic of me being generally a major scaredy cat.
- What is your one weakness or vice? well, currently, it’s anything lush. lol.
- When you see a penny on the ground, do you pick it up? it depends. sometimes i leave it so someone else can have some good luck. :]
- what is chore that you don’t mind? which is one you hate?
- what’s your favorite time of year?
- if you could meet any celebrity, author, historical figure, etc. (living or not), who would you choose?
- when you have a little extra free time to yourself, what do you like to do?
- what is your favorite way you’ve celebrated a birthday?
- when is the last time you were nervous?
- what is a sound that you love?
- would you rather see a comedy show or go dancing?
- how would your friends/family describe you?
tagging: abitofsilliness, christinabean, ohhellno, come-downstairs, evenwhentheroomwentdark, ohmyg0sh, uhmmmyeahsurewhynot, mrsbeno, arichter, livemylove, radoration, and connieanony can just answer the questions if she feels like it. lol. most of the people i’ve tagged probably won’t have time or may have already done this (or don’t use tumblr all that much anymore lol), but just thought i’d put it out there if you need a time killer. :]
worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.
i had a great visit with my two college roommates today, so that was great. more on that later. the not great is the thing i thought was an accidental injury may be more than what i originally assumed and something entirely different (and much less comfortable). probably going to go to the doctor tomorrow or friday to get things checked out. =\ if it is what my research says, it can be dealt with, just not fun. trying not to be a wuss. think good thoughts for me, please. side note, pete is the best.
will alter entirely
the weight of my heart.